Awarded Certificate of Excellence 2013/14 by Trip Advisor - check out our top rated reviews!
Detached property built in the Savoyarde style. Unlike many so called chalets, it is not a collection of apartments or rooms situated above shops, bars or restaurants but a true detached ski chalet.
The beautiful view over the lake to the tree covered slopes beyond can be enjoyed from the balconies of the bedrooms to the front of the chalet. On a bright, frosty morning, with the church bells ringing and a fresh covering of snow, this really must be the most magical place in the whole of the Espace Killy Tignes / Val d’Isère ski area
Okay, enough of the daydreaming and on to the practicalities
Holidays run from Sunday to Sunday and include breakfast each morning, afternoon tea from 4.30 to 5.30 pm, and dinner including wine on six nights. Although rooms will not normally be available until later in the day, you can arrive anytime after 9.00 am on Sunday and we will provide somewhere for you to change and leave your cases. On the Sunday of departure, we ask that you vacate your rooms by 9.00 am, but again you may leave your bags with us and there will be somewhere to change when you return to the chalet in the afternoon.
- On arrival, bags and skis can be unloaded directly outside the front door, where staff will, whenever possible, help to carry them to your rooms.
- Leading from the large entrance hall is the sitting / dining area, ski storage and boot room and the main staircase.
- Dining Room
To the left of the entrance hall and adjacent to the kitchen is the spacious dining room with traditional tables and chairs in a Savoyarde style.
- Sitting Room
Leading from the dining room is the sitting room, designed around a log burning fire with sofas and small tables arranged in cosy groups. This is where afternoon tea is served and where tall stories are exchanged at night
- Heated Boot Room
Further down the hall is the ski and boot room, with a separate exit so that ski boots need never be worn in the main part of the chalet. We are very proud of our stainless steel boot warming racks – guaranteed warm, dry boots every morning
- Sun Terrace
Accessed from the first floor landing is our 130 square metre sun terrace, where those not skiing can top up their tan on sunny days.
- Hot Tub
Newly installed on the sun terrace for the 2008/2009 season is our inviting Nordic hot tub. This facility is free to use, but please bring costumes.
The chalet can comfortably take up to 36 guests. There are 14 guest bedrooms, all with bathrooms and toilets en-suite, with a mixture of doubles, twins, king-size and family rooms.
- No two bedrooms are the same and most offer more space and storage than is usually found in ski chalets. The quality of their soft furnishings adds to the mountain feel of the chalet.
- When all the family rooms are taken, some of the twins can take a put-you-up bed, although this may make them a little cosy
- Each bedroom has a flat screen TV. Most of the rooms are within range of our free WiFi network for those who bring their own laptops or handhelds. There is also a desk in the hallway with a computer connected to the Internet for free use by our guests. Mobile reception throughout the chalet is good.
- Unlike many chalets, all bedrooms are lockable. All beds have individual reading lights and there are spare mains sockets in each room for charging mobiles, computers, toothbrushes, etc. Towels are changed midweek.
- Heating in each bedroom can be individually adjusted by thermostat.
- Two of the fully tiled bathrooms have baths and the remaining twelve have showers. All benefit from an abundant supply of hot water.
A cooked breakfast is served on six mornings, supplemented by a choice of cereals, porridge, boiled eggs, bread, pastries, yoghurt, fruit, tea, coffee, fruit juice, etc.
- Afternoon Tea
Afternoon tea, consisting of tea, cakes and a healthy alternative in the form of fresh fruit salad, fruit bowl or dips will be available every day from 4.30 until 5.30 pm.
Dinner is served at 8.00 pm. There is always a minimum of three courses, with fresh meat or fish and vegetables whenever possible. Our chefs are encouraged to prepare healthy, wholesome meals; however, naughty but nice items do sometimes sneak into the menu Complimentary red and white wines are served in abundance throughout dinner.
- After dinner, take your pick from latte, cappuccino, espresso or freshly ground coffee. Hot chocolate, decaffeinated coffee and tea are also available.
- Saturday Candlelit Dinners
On Saturdays, we try to create a special atmosphere and a candlelit dinner with liqueurs and chocolates may be followed by presentations. Chalet staff with guitars, or guests for that matter, are encouraged to do their bit
There is a large car park just one minute's walk from the chalet.
The Bonjour Bonjour is a no smoking chalet and smoking is permitted only on the balconies.
A deposit of just GBP100 per person will secure your holiday. Balance due 10 weeks prior to arrival.
Credit Card, Bank Transfer, Cheque
Everyday cleaning is included.
Linen and Towels are provided with a mid week towel change.